Increase Individual Impact and Productivity
It is often the little things that make the difference between an average and a star performer. Arm you employees with the critical skills to enable highly productive and engaged teams.
Continuous professional development enables growth of your employees throughout all stages of their professional lifecycle. Our learning solutions are customized to target the specific needs of your team taking into consideration their level and function and your organization’s goals, industry, and culture. Choose from one of our programs below.
If you don’t see your program listed, call us – we will create it custom just for you.
Boost Your Likability: Boost Your Influence
Research studies consistently reveal that people prefer to do business with, hire, buy and work with people they like. Yet the desire to be liked is often minimized and even mocked in its importance in business. Discover how authenticity in our interactions, adopting a giving approach and finding common ground are the foundation for boosting your likability.
The highest levels of achievement come to those who mix expertise with likability. Learn how to leverage the Laws of Likability resulting in more business, more career opportunities, and a more engaged team.
What You Will Learn:
- Understand why likability matters in business
- Increase your authenticity and productive energy in interactions
- Discover how to find common ground with almost anyone
- Learn multiple ways to add value to your network
- Connect in conversation and deal with difficult personalities
Building Relationships: The Natural Networker
Relationships are the basis of all business dealings. Simply speaking, we work with people we know and like. In order to increase business, we first must know how to meet those contacts. Taking first interaction to lasting connection requires you to extend the relationship, find common ground, and increase familiarity. This course takes you from approach and introduction to follow up and the creation and maintenance of a lasting relationship.
You Will Learn:
- Move from first conversation to lasting connection
- Learn what to do before the first conversation ends
- Leverage technology and social media in simple ways to increase familiarity
- Discover specific ways to increase your value to your network
- Create a relationship development plan and make it part of your ongoing activities
Creativity & Innovation
You can now get proven techniques for generating new ideas, and a blueprint for establishing a climate of innovation in this lively, interactive and hands on workshop. You will also discover new ways to break through mental barriers and roadblocks in order to improve performance and unleash the creative potential in yourself and your team.
- Identify practices that help promote creativity and innovation
- Use tools to encourage out-of-the-box thinking
- Practice creative methods to generate ideas and solutions
- Learn techniques for developing and leveraging your own creative strengths
- Work with real-world examples to spot opportunities and generate solutions
Whether you are working through a problem, communicating with your team, or making a presentation, you want to be sure you’ve thought of everything. Learning about thinking styles will help you understand the way you take in and process information, form your views and opinions, solve problems, make decisions, plan and express yourself to others. A focus will be on how critical thinking can be applied to workplace issues and challenges. You will also learn how to sharpen these skills for more effective explorations of problems, the search for alternative solutions, consideration of consequences, and establishment of action plans.
- Explore how to maximize getting the information you need
- Identify your own and others thinking style preferences
- Understand how style flexing assists to communicate and work more effectively with others
- Learn a step-by-step process to help you investigate issues, challenges and problems
In this fast-paced information age, each of us has a job that requires us to be ultra-productive in a pressure-filled environment. Yet very few of us have strategies or tools to optimize our minds and manage our emotions. Resilience is a trait that can be nurtured and grown. Mindfulness is a powerful tool that can alter the physical structure of your brain, deepen emotional intelligence, help us be more resilient, and enhance leadership effectiveness.
- Greater calm and focus
- Enhanced self-awareness
- Better communication skills
- Manage difficult emotions
- Increased sense of connectedness and compassion
- Greater leadership presence
Dealing With Difficult People
Have you ever had a difficult co-worker? Are you that difficult person? This interactive workshop will support you as you learn to identify difficult personalities and share insights on the best methods to handle those personalities. Manage conflict and receive helpful suggestions that will make your working environment more positive.
- Understand how difficult employees can cause conflict
- Identify 6 types of difficult personalities
- Learn 5 strategies for dealing with difficult people
Develop Your Presence & Personal Brand
What do people say about you when you leave the room? Is it what you want them to say? How you show up in the room, get listened to and are known amongst your colleagues are all critical components of your future success.
Delivering strong results is not enough to build a successful career. Presence is a key building block in career management. It is not just for Executives. Presence is required at every level in every organization.
This training focuses on understanding the impact of your interactions on your presence, how you can proactively manage your presence and how to develop your own personal brand. We discuss how to determine you brand attributes, demonstrate the nuances of body language on your professional presence, and discuss how to strengthen the lasting impressions you make on your network.
You Will Learn:
- Recognize the attributes that impact first and lasting perceptions
- Tweak your body language to enhance your professional presence
- Discover the verbal tools and distractors the impeded your image
- Learn how word choice impacts responses
- Determine how to select your brand personality
Get Known, Get Connected, Get Ahead :Personal Connection for Professional Results
What do you need to get ahead? In this day and age, we live in a network economy – – it’s all about who you know, who knows you, and what they know about you. Uncover the types of relationships you want and need, how to create positive mood memory, and how to ask for what you want. At the end of the day it is the strength of your relationships that leads to your success.
What You Will Learn:
- The correlation between relationships and promotion, hiring, and business results
- The key relationship types that impact success
- How to create positive mood memory and extend relationships
- How to make an ask and ask for what you want
Influencing Without Authority — How to Win Over Others When They Don’t Report to You
Have you noticed that the most successful people in the workplace collaborate easily with peers, staff members, and senior management? With many lines of reporting and the complexity of projects today, how do you win the support and commitment from those who don’t report to you? Today’s professionals don’t get things done because they tell others what to do. They’re getting projects done successfully because they’ve mastered the art of influence.
- Assess communication style to determine strengths and opportunities. Tailor their style depending on the person or situation at hand
- Use a model combining inquiry, desired outcomes and reciprocity to establish common goals and enhance collaboration
- Inspire and motivate others to want to work with you.
- Practice your influencing skills in real world situations
Managing Chaos: Time & Priority Management
Time is money. We have all heard the phrase, yet we don’t treat our time like the limited resource that it is. To be efficient, we must not only be productive with your time but limit the time spent to achieve those results. This is the essence of time management.
- Understand your relationship to time and energy tendencies to match tasks and productivity levels
- Use the Urgent vs Important model to plan your time effectively
- Clarify your priorities and organize your time accordingly
- Find time through delegation and elimination
Train the Trainer: Teach Your Subject Matter Expertise with Confidence
This program supports the foundation of preparing and presenting subject matter expertise for those who don’t regularly find themselves teaching others. All participants will learn about the different learning styles and the foundations of designing appropriate adult learning content. The learning continues with learning and practicing skills around the delivery of one’s area of expertise. The program culminates with each participant delivering a brief presentation that will be recorded as part of learning and feedback.
- Describe and recognize three distinct learning styles and how to incorporate them into your learning
- Describe the principles of adult learning and recognize the importance of them
- Learn the principals behind effective presentation skills
- Effectively facilitate training classes to the specific needs of your audience
What Our Clients Have to Say
Michelle’s teaching style is very good and engaging. She is a dynamic speaker and keeps your attention focused throughout a full day of training. Her content helps to better focus your message by gaining a better understanding of your audience. While many may think this is touchy feely stuff, Michelle brings it around to how interactions happen in the workplace and how personality types respond to different approaches. Overall, an excellent course and highly recommended!
-Ralph Bohnenberger, Facilities Finance Business and Contract Manager
The Executive Essentials facilitator was dynamic, fun, and exciting. It was easy to listen to her and follow what she presented. She really engaged the whole group. At every point, she drew people in from around the room. I would recommend this training to anybody.
-Julie Murphy, Senior Consultant
Executive Essentials led a great presentation at our recent meeting – she was interesting and dynamic. She engaged the entire audience by breaking us into working groups, soliciting our input, and tying it into her presentation content. We had a highly active presenter, who kept us entertained throughout!
-Ted Bredikin, Leading organizational change to maximize business performance